Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fiber, Anyone?

Okay...so today, I visited a nutrition consultant and we looked at my livestrong food log. She said I needed more fruit, veggies, and fiber and less sodium. I LOVE salt. I crave it! It's hard for me to not eat it. This is something I'm really going to have to work on. Fiber...ewww! I think of Metamucil powder in water when I think of fiber. Veggies have a lot of fiber, but how what kind and and how do I prepare them? I don't like broccoli, and I like my raw veggies with dip. Give me your ideas, PLEASE!

I'm feeling tired this afternoon. I should probably get my walk in, now when I need a little boost of energy, but I don't have anyone to keep the kiddos. I have a shoot tonight so I need to be sure I'm back in time to get my walk in then watch The Biggest Loser. I'm making the guys whole wheat spaghetti with low fat ground beef. I think I'm gonna nuke a chicken breast with some brown rice and maybe some snap peas.

Going to get Caleb. Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. I like fresh or frozen veggies a lot better than canned which also cuts down on sodium intake. Green beans and peas are especially good fresh or frozen. If you like carrots (I don't) you could try steaming and using a little honey to sweeten up. I'm so glad Brian has decided to join you. It's so much easier with a partner! Brandy

    ReplyDelete